2017 IBJJF Pan American Jiu-Jitsu Championships!Posted by: Jay Pages | On: 12th Apr, 2017 | Jiu Jitsu News
Another IBJJF Pan American Jiu-Jitsu Championships has come and gone. For 4 days, competitors from around the world converge at the Bren Center in Irvine, CA to battle it out to become the next Pan American Champion.
This tournament, that comes once a year, has grown to become one of the worlds largest BJJ competitions in the world. For many, winning this tournament is almost as prestigious as winning a World Championship title.
Competitors from all over the world vying for the Gold put it all out on the line for Pan Am glory! There were many great battles, many upsets, many defeats and just as many victories.
The Caio Terra Association family brought a small contingent of dedicated athletes to Bren Center. Despite our size, and amongst the many teams represented, we still managed to come out on top! As a team, we were in the top 10 for Adult Male and in the Masters Division. The stand out was our women's team. Our women's team took 2nd place. With amazing performances by Jessica Buchman, Nicole Evangelista, Kristina Barlaan, and Tami Musumeci! A huge accomplishment for our womens team.
- Jessica Buchman and Nicole Evangelista close out the Blue Belt/Female/Light Weight Division
- Nicole Evangelista wins Blue Belt/Female/Open Weight Division
- Benji Silva and Rudson Mateus close out the Brown Belt/Adult/Medium Heavy Division
- Rudson Mateus wins the Brown Belt/Adult/Open Weight Division
- Tami Musumeci wins the Black Belt/Women/Feather Weight Division
- Kim Terra win the Black Belt/Master 1/Feather Weight Division
- Rodrigo Medeiros wins the Black Belt/Master 2/Ultra Heavy Weight Division
- John Parker Lapp wins the Black Belt/Master 6/Super Heavy Weight Division
Congratulations to everyone that came out to compete and to everyone that came out to support the team. And a huge congratulations to all CTA students! Without you, we would not be where we are. The team and your team mates need you just as much as you need them. You helped each and every CTA member get to where they are and win each and every one of their medals. Cheers!